Friday, April 18, 2014

8 Weeks Out!

As of tomorrow I am 8 weeks out from my first NPC Bikini Competition. June 14th I will be on a stage in that bikini and those stripper heels showing off all the progress I've made. I'm anxious, excited, nervous, and super proud of all the progress i've made so far. I still can't quite picture what competition day is going to be like or what I'm going to look like but I think I'm already hooked! This will probably be the first of many.

Saying that though, this week has been really tough. I was getting frustrated that the scale wasn't moving. Seriously, 3 weeks no scale movement! I know I've been making progress because i can see it and feel it but the scale should have moved at least a little bit! Even a 0.5 pound loss and I would have been happy! So with that frustration I decided it was time to add in a lot more cardio and interval training to get the stubborn fat off.

Also those who know me well know that I actually am not a huge fan of food. Yep. I know, its weird but in college I remember telling people I would love it if I could just get all my essential nutrients from an IV and just leave enough room for empty calories from treats. I do have a huge sweet tooth though. So this whole strict meal plan thing, I didn't think would be too much of a problem eating the same thing everyday, at the same time... My problem is actually eating everything I'm supposed to. I have a very busy job in which I'm not necessarily at my desk or in the office when I think I will be. So skipping meals happens a lot. My first thought was, "Hey no big deal. I consumed less calories than my body is burning so I'll lose more!" ::Insert loud buzzer noise here!::  NO! Unfortunately what I was doing is not fueling the muscles am trying so hard to train and develop. Knowing that, it's still hard to get in all my meals but I'm making a conscious effort to get all of them in, on time, and finish them.

I bought a few new toys to help me do this. First a few weeks ago I got this nifty little Six Pack cooler. It holds enough meals for the work day. And second I bought a jawbone UP24. As long as I use it right and track everything I'm eating it give me a good picture of my progress. Plus I set alarms so the band vibrates at my meal times! That's pretty cool!

So with adding in extra cardio and still working on getting in all the macros I need to, this week has been really hard. I'm exhausted, I'm cranky, I'm sore. But I'm really proud of how this is all coming together. For supplementation, I'm back on MNS 3, Catalyst, Nighttime Recovery and starting this weekend I'm going to add in ThermoPlus. And of course Spark whenever necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment