Saturday, January 4, 2014

Are you drinking enough water?

One of the thing I noticed about myself doing the 24 Day Challenge is that I don't drink enough water. Apparently more than half of us don't drink the recommended about of water on a daily basis, which means we live in a perpetual state of dehydration! So I googled side effects of dehydration and I found this video by Chris and Heidi Powell, who I love from Extreme Weight Loss. You'll have to follow the link but it's worth it. Surprising effects of dehydration
So here's a recap:

  • Side Effects of no drinking enough water: Chronic fatigue, headaches, a slow down in your metabolism - Hello! No one wants any of that! 
  • The recommended amount: drinking half you body weight in ounces of water --"Holy buckets!" Ha! That's my favorite!
  • Drink cold water to hydrate faster, and warm water to stay full longer
  • Hangover cures: take as many gulps of water as your age before bed. Hey you know what else works, a Spark as soon as you wake up! Seriously I did it a few weeks ago and felt better in no time! Even made it to 10am Yoga!

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a water bottle or app that remedied you that you need to take a sip of water throughout the day so you avoid dehydration all together? WELL... check out this pretty cool bottle that has been developed and is about to start production. They just need enough support to show that people really do want this bottle. I personally can't wait for it to come out!  
Follow the link below to support this awesome water bottle. And until this it comes out remember to try to get in half your body weight in oz. of water everyday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment