Friday, December 6, 2013

The 24 Day Challenge - A Quick and Dirty Explanation


So one of my very good friends sent me a Facebook message saying "ok tell me about this Advocare stuff" so I tried to give her a quick and dirty explanation of the 24 day Challenge. I figure this explanation might be helpful to others as well. Here is what I told her (yes, I copy and pasted this response from Facebook):

So the 24 Day Challenge is made up of 2 phases. The easiest way to describe the challenge is a kickstart to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss goals. 
The first phase is a 10 day cleanse that will kind of reset your body and prepare it to absorb all the nutrition that comes in the second phase. (Don't be scared by the term cleanse, it's not the type that will send you running to the potty all day long). This phase is going to get rid of the toxins in your body and restore the good bacteria in your tummy. You'll cut out processed foods (dairy, white bread, refined sugar, alcohol, etc.) and eat clean during these 10 days.  But it all pays off, the average weight loss is about 5-10 pounds! 
The second phase is the Max phase which is really going to pump your body full of nutrition. This phase is 14 days. You will continue to eat pretty clean but can enjoy alcohol, coffee and dairy in moderation now (notice the order I put those in, clearly says something about me :)).  Again, you see weight loss/inches lost here and muscle gain. (Not body builder muscle but muscle to help support a healthy metabolism).During the whole challenge you are eating real food with the exception of a meal replacement shake for breakfast in the second phase. This is one of the reasons I prefer Advocare to other programs because you need to know what foods to choose after the challenge to continue on to more weight loss and maintain a healthy lifestyle. 

So there you go, that's my quick and dirty explanation of the 24 Day Challenge. I will gladly answer any questions you may have if you leave them in the comments or email me. And keep and eye out for my group challenge competitions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment